Hi,

there have been three reports by users using my software of SQLite
3.12.0 returning SQLITE_IOERR and logging a SQLITE_IOERR_SHORT_READ
(522). Specifically:

2016-09-12 04:37:04: WARNING: SQLite: disk I/O error errorcode: 522
2016-09-12 04:37:04: ERROR: Error preparing Query [PRAGMA cache_size =
-2048]: disk I/O error

One instance was on FreeBSD where I thought it could be caused by ZFS.
The other two instances are on Linux now. On FreeBSD the issue was
"fixed" by repeating the prepare after it failed with an IO-error.

One user has captured an strace. I cannot actually see the short read,
though: https://forums.urbackup.org/t/urbackup-crashing/2402/8

Environment:

* Databases are in WAL journal mode
* synchronous=NORMAL
* wal_autocheckpoint is OFF. Checkpointing is done in a separate thread
with PRAGMA wal_checkpoint(PASSIVE) and wal_checkpoint(TRUNCATE) if the
WAL file is bigger than a certain size

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Martin