Behalf Of Paul Sanderson
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:14 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: [sqlite] converting unix10 and unix13 dates in the same column

I have a table with dates in different formats, either 10 digit or 13
digit unix dates

1234345087123
1234567890
1432101234
1456754323012

I want a sql query that will convert both dates, I tried this

SELECT CASE dt
  WHEN (unix10and13.dt < 10000000000)
     THEN DateTime(unix10and13.dt, 'unixepoch')
  WHEN (unix10and13.dt > 10000000000)
    THEN DateTime(unix10and13.dt / 1000, 'unixepoch')
  ELSE dt
  END AS converted
FROM unix10and13

But this returns the original values - i.e. the else portion is being
evaluated but one of the previous expressions should evaluate to true
surely? Any ideas why this is failing?

I am also interested (because I tried and failed) in coding a second
query that would return all four rows but in two columns each with
either a unix10 or 13 date in the correct column - something like
this:

unix10,          unix13
                   ,1234345087123
1234567890,
1432101234,
                   ,1456754323012

any suggestions to achieve this approach?

Paul
www.sandersonforensics.com
skype: r3scue193
twitter: @sandersonforens
Tel +44 (0)1326 572786
http://sandersonforensics.com/forum/content.php?195-SQLite-Forensic-Toolkit
-Forensic Toolkit for SQLite
email from a work address for a fully functional demo licence