On Sonntag, 16. Februar 2020 21:50:18 CET Simon Slavin wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2020, at 8:44pm, Stefan Brüns <stefan.bru...@rwth-aachen.de>
wrote:
> >> These things can be done using the bookmarks API, WebExtensions API, and
> >> other methods.  Reading the SQLite database is actually more difficult.>
> > AFAIK this only works while FF is running ...
>
> That is the problem that started this thread: that the database file could
> not be opened while FF was running.

The database being inaccessible while FF is running does not equate to FF is
always running. Both cases (with and without FF running) have to be covered.

And having to write two different access methods (direct access and through
bookmarks API) is obviously the worst of all variants.

Regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019