Trevor Talbot wrote:
It's a pre-commit hook, so it has the same problem as the triggers.  I
haven't tried modifying the code to add a post-commit hook, but
sqlite3_commit_hook() is actually a good place to start: in main.c it
sets db->xCommitCallback, which is called by vdbeCommit() in
vdbeaux.c.  It looks like you could add a call at the end of that
function, after testing needXcommit.

You'll still want the triggers to note what specific data changed, but
you could simply have them store some state in a global variable that
your new post-commit function checks to decide what semaphore to post
to.

Although I'm well up to the task technically, the idea of depending on a modified SQLite is ... unappealing.

I think instead, I'll just keep using SQLite the way it was intended, and keep the external-process-event-signaling stuff where it belongs: not inside of the database manager. :)

But should I change my mind, I'm gonna bookmark your email just in case!

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]