Dear Listmates,

I would like to use SQLite from within Emacs. I have rummaged through
the Website, and it seems that nobody has programmed any bindings for
Elisp so far, and I'm afraid I'm not smart enough to do that.

The only possibility I can currently see would be starting the sqlite
command line interface as a process from within Emacs, and then
sending it SQL statements via stdin. I wouldn't have any problem with
that, but I seem to have heard that such an arrangement isn't
particularly robust (I forgot the precise term; it has something to do
with I/O, in any case).

And if that's basically a safe way, can anyone give recommendations
what pitfalls to avoid? E.g. would it be better to run a new
(synchronous) sqlite process every time I want to do something about
(or query) the database, or is a permanent "daemon" (i.e. starting it
as an asynchronous process and having it run for the whole Emacs
session) the better way?

Basically, of course, I would appreciate any hint on how to use SQLite
from within Emacs (I may be completely on the wrong track already).

Thanks for any help here!

Florian