Replying to an earlier post, I remember "make test" working for SQLite when I
tried it in the past.  I'm actually used to running that, this practice
ingrained as standard behaviour with Perl and Perl modules, and I usually
expect
any other projects to have a "make test" too.  Besides Perl, I know that Git,
Python, PHP, and SQLite, "make test" works for.

Richard Hipp wrote:
> I see.  You are building from the amalgamation.  And you should be too.  But
> you are right - we do not ship test suites with the amalgamation.  To use
> the free test suite for SQLite, you have to build from canonical source
> code.  We have a separate test harness for the amalgamation (the one that
> provides 100% branch test coverage) but that one is not free, I'm afraid.

Why is that?  I would have thought that with respect to users of SQLite the
amalgamation is drop-in-substitutable for the separate files, with the test
suite mainly testing the collection as a whole.  The test suite being AFAIK
essentially an application that links against the already-compiled SQLite, at
which point differences may have gone away.  What subtleties does the test
suite
depend on that the same one doesn't work for both versions.

-- Darren Duncan