Roger Binns wrote:
> On 12/07/2010 08:45 PM, Darren Duncan wrote:
>> I am also working with automated scripts, which now have to be updated to
>> use
>> either the new style or old style depending on the user-requested SQLite
>> version.  (DBD::SQLite bundles a SQLite version, and includes a script users
>> can
>> use to pull in a different, albeit typically newer, SQLite version to use
>> with
>> DBD::SQLite instead.)
>
> And my python stuff does the same thing and is also now has to cope with
> different naming styles.  It also broke the other python SQLite wrapper.
>
> It would have been nice if there had been a least little forewarning and
> consultation.

For my part, I have already committed an update to the DBD::SQLite script so
that it now works with the old and new SQLite dist versions.

Moreover, the script now lets users specify a SQLite version in either the old
or new format for any version, and will normalize as appropriate, so the users
at least don't even have to know that there was a change.

If anyone else can benefit from my solution to speed their own similar updates,
see
https://fisheye2.atlassian.com/browse/cpan/trunk/DBD-SQLite/util/getsqlite.pl#r13338

and click on "raw".

I expect it will receive third-party testing before being released though it
works for me.

That said, I will like to know soon if any further changes will be made, before
this DBD::SQLite update is pushed to CPAN and users try self-updating with it.

-- Darren Duncan