I got bit by this the other day. I typically just used "reset" but, if
you have a case where you're looping through an insert and you don't
always set all values (say a string is empty sometimes so, you forgo
the bind), the previous value set will get inserted where you expected
blanks to go.

Clearly, it was my fault because I assumed reset cleared the old
values. I've since changed my wrapper to clear with each reset.