Steven Michalske wrote:
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Darren Duncan <dar...@darrenduncan.net> wrote:
Steven Michalske wrote:
I would like to use the :nnn named parameters but have spaces in the
named parameters.

It seems that ":nnn nnn", :"nn nn", or :nn\ nn are all not recognized.

Is there a way to use spaces in named parameters?

I would expect :<identifier> to be the correct format for a named parameter,
meaning :foo or :"bar" as the case may be.  So, you should be able to write

 :"nn nn"

... and if you can't, then the DBMS should be fixed so that you can do that.
The other 2 options you gave should not be supported.

The python sqlite driver calls functions for parameter substitution
from the sqlite3 c library.  There is no manipulation of the string
before it is passed into the sqlite parser.

I could not find documentation on the requirements for the :nnn form
of parameter substitution.  Perhaps a bug is in order to improve the
documentation.   Perhaps include a regex of the acceptable
identifiers.

Unfortunately the format :"foo bar" is not accepted as a parameter by sqlite3.

Just to be clear, the :"foo bar" is what you write in the SQL having the parameter, for example, 'select * from abc where def = :"foo bar"'. And then in the SQLite parameter binding call you just use 'foo bar' (because that is the actual parameter name) as the parameter name argument. -- Darren Duncan