I need to develop a light-weight, custom property editor using SQLite, Perl, thttpd and HTML/CSS for building and editing recipes. I'm thinking of something like the classic "folder/tree/property sheet" interface and it will (obviously) run in a web browser

I suppose I could use XML as well, but I'm leaning toward SQLite since I'm already using it in another part of the project. Perhaps SQLite has some features that could make this easier? Or maybe somebody out there has run across some open source tools (CPAN?) to help with this? Or if you live in S. TX (RGV), I could arrange to pay you to do this.

Thanks.