> I have found both the Xerial and Zentus SQLite JDBC Drivers on the net.
>   This leads me to wonder are there other JDBC drivers for SQLite and if
> so what are they?  Also, what are the pros and cons of the available
> drivers?  Which one is the recommended one for use with SQLite?
>
> Thanks,
>
> LA

I think you have found them. During the research for a SQLite JDBC
solution for the MyJSQLView application these are two that turned up.
The Zentus one I think is dated, while Xerial appears to be the newer.
I have noticed that the latter has not been updated since last year.
Which leads me to wonder abouts its future.

I do known the Xerial driver allowed a pure Java mode which allows no
dlls to be installed. Meaning nothing is needed besides your Java code
and the driver. This does impose a performance hit.

In my latest testing with the Xerial JDBC I have discovered a lack of
ability to handle large imports and exports to the database for inserts
and selects. A lot of tweeking was done with batch and commit/non-commit
modes to no available. I believe the JDBC is not properly handling the
memory consumption during these process. The same code works fine with
other databases, but of course these are server based not like SQLite.

danap.