On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 04:56:44PM +0000, Simon Slavin scratched on the wall:

> On 25 Nov 2012, at 1:29pm, Paul Sanderson <sandersonforens...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I underastand that ecvery coumn needs to be read, that is self evident,
> > however my feeling (not tested) is that the process is much slower than it
> > needs to be, i..e the process of creating an index on a column whos values
> > are all NULL takes longer than just reading all of the columns - I have to
> > admit to not testing/timimg this though, I'll have a go when time permits.
>
> In SQLite, all columns are in all indexes even if the column contains a
> NULL.  NULL has a sorting order, and anything that does

  Rows, Simon, rows... not columns.  Watch your terminology or your
  answers will be more confusing than the questions.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson