On Sat, Dec 01, 2012 at 06:00:59AM +0400, Уточкин Александр scratched on the
wall:

> Could you tell me please if it is normal that memory used by application
> goes like this:
>
> SQLite3_Prepare_v2 - Memory used changes slightly
> Binding values - Memory used changes slightly
> Loop with sq3lite_step - Memory used growths by 16Mb
> sq3lite_finalize - Memory used doesn't reduce

  The patterns sounds right.  SQLite will allocate memory for the page
  cache as needed, but it does not release it.

  On most systems the default max cache size is 2000 pages.  On most
  systems the default page size is 1K, but it can be 4K on some Windows
  systems.  That makes the 16MB look a shade big, but it might be about
  right if you're running on a Windows system, or if you've adjusted
  the default page size and/or cache size.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson