Raymond,

So I checked some server/client solutions from
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteNetwork. But as there wasn't a
solution that supported my script
language (Autoit) I ended up writing my own server/client solution. This
worked for me, but I still have some questions regarding this issue:

I'm the de-facto maintainer of the SQLite AutoIt UDF. While the UDF currently relies on the standard SQLite .dll file I believe you could try using a variant library enriched with a TCP/IP client/server layer like this one:
http://www.atensoft.com/dev/sqlite3.php

I never looked at it closely but I guess it would be fairly easy to make a compatible wrapper around this version.

Anyway I advise you browse the US AutoIt forum as there have been some discussions about such shared use. You can join me there as jchd (MVP) and also on the french AutoIt forum (also jchd).