> So in any file system that supports journaling fwrite is blocked until all
> metadata and data changes are made to the buffer cache and journal is
> update with the changes.

Please give us some links where did you get all this info with the
benchmarks please. Because what you try to convince us is that with
journaling FS write() doesn't return until the journal record is
guaranteed to physically make it to disk. First of all I don't see
what's the benefit of that compared to direct writing to disk not
using write-back cache. And second do you realize that in this case
you can't make more than 30-50 journal records per second? Do you
really believe that for good OS performance it's enough to make less
than 30 calls to write() per second (on any file, not on each file)? I
won't believe that until I see data and benchmarks from reliable
sources.

Pavel