On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:34:03PM +0000, Simon Slavin scratched on the wall:
> On 26 Feb 2013, at 7:39am, dd <durga.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >   This database has unicode strings(chinese/japanese/...etc strings). can
> > you tell me which is the correct character to replace with z?
>
> Ah.  There you have a problem because internally SQLite does not
> handle language support within Unicode characters.  I'm going to let
> someone with SQLite/Unicode expertise answer this one, but it may be
> that with Unicode even your LIKE command would not have worked
> properly and you should use something like

  The only issue there is that the default case-insensitive nature of
  LIKE won't work.  Otherwise LIKE should have no problems with
  matching unicode strings.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson