On 1/10/2014, 7:34 AM, Richard Hipp wrote:
On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
The sponsor might have a big pile of preexisting Oracle10g CONNECT BY code
that they need to run.  I feel sure that if they just want "recursive
queries" for use in code that has not yet been written then we can convince
them to go with SQL:1999 WITH RECURSIVE.  But if the enhancement is needed
to support legacy code, they might instead insist on CONNECT BY syntax.  I
still don't know what the situation is.  Hopefully we'll here back soon....

FYI:  The sponsor is now indicating that they want to go with WITH
RECURSIVE.  So the CONNECT BY branch has been closed and we are starting to
work on a WITH RECURSIVE implementation.

That's great news! This will be a serious step up in feature set for SQLite, both in ease of use and power, I look forward to it. -- Darren Duncan