On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2014, at 4:06am, James K. Lowden <jklow...@schemamania.org> wrote:
>
>> ${HOME}/.sqlite/db would be my choice.
>
> Since the objective is not to let a naive user unexpectedly lose the data, it
> might seem a bad idea to put the file in a directory which is hidden from
> naive users.

I don't get this.  Why should the user know where it lives when they
can just start the shell and there's the data?

I like James' idea, even though it will be somewhat surprising.

The behavior could be made to be opt-in and then have /etc/skeleton on
*nix distros include the opt-in (or not).  As to Windows... I can see
that double-click detection there might be nice.

Nico