On 11 Mar 2014 at 16:11, Keith Christian <keith1christ...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The resulting file is quite large, almost 14 times the size of the
> sqlite3 version 3.8.3 packages with Cygwin:
>
> ls -l /usr/bin/sqlite3.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 kchris0000 Domain Users 60957 Feb  4 04:45 /usr/bin/sqlite3.exe
>
> ls -l ./sqlite3.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 kchris0000 Domain Users 845353 Mar 11 10:05 ./sqlite3.exe

That's about what I get under OS X if I link to an amalgamation instead of the
OS-supplied .dylib. The advantage is that you know which library you are using,
unlike if you dynamically link to a library. The application uses just as much
memory once linked, either way. These days the extra disk space used for the
app is of no consequence (unless you have millions of apps, I suppose).

--
Cheers  --  Tim