I have two simple SQLObject classes, WebTag and WebTopic that are
related using a RelatedJoin:

class WebTag(SQLObject):
        Name = StringCol( alternateID=True)
        Topics = RelatedJoin('WebTopic')

class WebTopic(SQLObject):
        Name = StringCol( unique=True )
        Format = StringCol( default="rst" )
        Title = StringCol(  )
        Subtitle = StringCol( default=None)
        Description = StringCol(default=None)
        Keywords = StringCol( default=None )
        Author = StringCol( default=None )
        DateTimePosted = DateTimeCol()
        DateTimeLastModified = DateTimeCol()
        UUID = StringCol()
        Content = StringCol( default=None )
        Tags = RelatedJoin('WebTag')

What is the appropriate way to delete an instance of a WebTopic or a
WebTag so that RelatedJoin won't be broken?

Right now I have a simple:

WebTopic.delete(id_to_delete)

or a

WebTag.delete(id_to_delete)

But I just started getting this error, so I must have missed something
in the documentation:

>>> for a in  WebTag.selectBy(Name='python'):
...     print a.Name
...     print a.Topics
python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 3, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 1, in <lambda>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sqlobject/joins.py", line
207, in performJoin
    return self._applyOrderBy([self.otherClass.get(id, conn) for (id,)
in ids if id is not None], self.otherClass)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sqlobject/main.py", line 913, in get
    val._init(id, connection, selectResults)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sqlobject/main.py", line 958, in _init
    raise SQLObjectNotFound, "The object %s by the ID %s does not
exist" % (self.__class__.__name__, self.id)
sqlobject.main.SQLObjectNotFound: The object WebTopic by the ID 12
does not exist

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. The db can be wiped and
started over, because this is a little test system.  Should I have
dropped all references to the missing WebTopic instance from all
WebTag instances?

- Jon

--
Jon R. Fox