Hi list,

This might be slightly off-topic since I'm about to ask a general
design question, not in any way sqlobject specific but please bear
with me.

I have 3 kinds of objects and each kind is stored in its own table.
Using the primary key of each table I can refer to each object in that
particular table. Now what I would like to have is a kind of primary
key for all 3 tables so that by refering to a single key I would be
able to select 1 object out of the 3 tables. Right now selection out
of the 3 tables goes by first picking a table and then selecting an
object from that table but I would like to have an over-arching id for
any object.

What would be the best strategy for this?