On Monday 05 November 2007 15:25:13 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
> i have 2 questions.
>
> 1) is there a possibiliti' to start my own (complex) sql update script.
> example
>
> insert into webstats (uname,tipoctr)
> (Select
>         cbl.codice,
>         1+IFNULL((select 1 from collab2 where cbl.codice =
> collab2.codice),0)
> from collab cbl);
>

> 2) How can i start procedures from sqlobject.

Obtain a connection to your DB, which you should be able to using

MySQLObjectClass._connection

and then just proceed as if you were using the DB API itself.

There is no support for more in SO because calling procedures & running
hand-tailored SQL somewhat defeats the purpose of introducing an ORM layer in
the first place.

Be also aware of synchronisation-caveats when your procedures update the DB
but the SO-cache doesn't reflect the changes.

Diez