A few LMS uppgrades ago (I am now on Logitech Media Server Version
7.9.0) the items in the Home Menu of my browser expanded to include a
number of items that I had removed under Settings/Player/Menus,
specifically Staff Picks, Local, Music, Sports, News, Talk, By Language,
Podcasts & World.

No matter what I do in Settings/Player/Menus (e.g. moving the items from
Inactive to Home Menu Customizations, restarting LMS, deleting the items
from Home Menu Customizations, restarting LMS) the items still stay in
the LMS browser view.

This is no big deal, just a nuisance.  Is there any way of fixing this?

In case it is relevant, the icon for BBC Player (which is one of the
Home Menu items I want) does not appear, though the icon for BBC Player
Extras does appear.

Mini-ITX (Intel ATom series Celeron 230 processor) running ClearOS 6.3 &
LMS.  Boot from 16Gb Compact Flash, 1Gb RAM.
Squeezebox Classic
Squeezebox Duet
Squeezebox Radio