I ran the commands, it asks for the password (so I assume its doing what
it should), and I enter it.  Then goes back to the prompt.  Try running
LMS and it says starting, then stops again. I can't locate the
server.log file no matter how I search or navigate to the folder.

Here is what I get when I run the commands from another thread I found.

VanessalessiMac:server JV$ cd
/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/
VanessalessiMac:server JV$ ./slimserver.pl
The following modules failed to load: EV JSON::XS YAML::XS

*******

NOTE:

If you're running some unsupported Linux/Unix platform, please use the
buildme.sh
script located here:

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor/tree/public/7.8/CPAN

If 7.8 is outdated by the time you read this, Replace "7.8" with the
major version
You should never need to do this if you're on Windows or Mac OSX. If the
installers
don't work for you, ask for help and/or report a bug.

*******

Exiting..
Can't locate Tie/Cache/LRU.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
Tie::Cache::LRU module) (@INC contains: /Library/Application
Support/Squeezebox /Users/JV/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox
/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server
/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.18
/Network/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Network/Library/Perl/5.18 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.18.2
/System/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/5.18
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18 .) at
/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Utils/OS/OSX.pm
line 321.
INIT failed--call queue aborted at ./slimserver.pl line 143.
VanessalessiMac:server JV$