mherger wrote:
> A few questions:
>
> - what kind of control would you want to see implemented in a voice
> controlled setup?
>
> - should the system be an always on, always listening system, or on
> demand (eg. key press) only?
>
> - would you like the system to interrupt playback to talk back to you in
>
> case it didn't understand you?
>
> - what would you expect it to do if you asked it to "play kiss".
> Prince's track Kiss or Carly Rae Jepsen's album Kiss or the band Kiss'
> most popular tracks? Or, I forgot your playlist of the same name :-)
>
> Unfortunately(?) I don't have access to any of Amazon's offerings to
> experience how it works there. And Siri only has about two albums to
> chose from when I talk to here :-)
>
> --
>
> Michael

Details of the forthcoming Alexa (and G Home?) controls are scant.

What I've seen suggests a fairly restricted set of commands, eg. select
a player, play a Tunein station, volume control, mute, etc.

I imagine a system with voice control for radio, and limited music
playback, would be a boon for visually-impaired users.

Details on Google Home are also few and far between, but it seems likely
it will be based on the existing chromecast tech..  Alexa Echo/Dot only
offers bluetooth functions.

Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8
speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker;  - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE
Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
SB Player - Fire TV