Has it ever worked ?

I didn't know that a thecus N2200xxx was a supported NAS. If it is I
would expect dependency issues would raise their ugly head on a very
regular basis and upgrades would be a no no.

If I was you.

I would buy a Pi3 starter kit from Amazon (£40). Install picoreplayer on
it with LMS. Give it a fixed IP. Mount your NAS drive via smb. Point LMS
at the mount and off you go. Switch off LMS on the thecus N2200xxx. Only
caveat - both pi & NAS need to be wired.

Use the NAS for what it is good at (serving files) and use the Pi as
your LMS server with a fully up to date working version of the software
and optionally as a player as well.

The Pi is more than capable of running as a server and will also allow
Spotify to work. It probably won't on your NAS.

*Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 ->
Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
*Office* - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755
-> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=106261