I have two players connected. DEPRECATED warnings are not correlated.
They are appearing exactly 4 times a day, at 5:00 AM which is my set
rescan time.

Could you please provide the scanner.log as well?

I don't care about preference pane, and suppose anyone who stays at
OSX/PPC does not care, too. Would it be hard to keep PPC compatibility
with just command line interface?

But how do you currently start/stop LMS without it? It can easily be done, but you need to know how to do it:

/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/Resources/start-server.sh

stop-server.sh would be the stopping version obviously.

--

Michael