This "How To" represents my efforts to do exactly what you want and I
had very little Unix / Linux expertise when I did it. Others have been
able to update it for the later versions of the FreeNAS OS and the
issues related to Perl. My brother recently built a server based on the
latest FreeNAS stable release but I don't have all the details of his
approach and he is a Linux geek.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104122-How-to-Installing-LMS-7-9-nightly-in-a-FreeBSD-jail-on-FreeNAS-9-3

Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage],
LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic
-> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot,
120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1]
-> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out
-> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.