mherger wrote:
> > I'm running LMS 7.9.0 - 1466571941 on debian x64. Remote Music
> Libraries
> > is working fine when playing FLAC files from a UPnP Server on the
> > network (Asset UPnP and MinimServer). However, any other file formats
> > such as WAV, AIFF, DFF or DSF don't play at all. They show on the
> player
> > but when clicking the play button, nothing happens. Nothing is
> showing
> > on the server log. Music is playing using Squeezelite running on the
> > same server as LMS. The same files running from LMS work fine. The
> links
> > are also fine - I get the url from a WAV file, for example, and can
> play
> > it directly on a browser. Do you know of any limitation regarding
> file
> > formats when using Remote Music Libraries?
>
> UPnP certainly has a lot of limitations compared to LMS. And then it
> gets even worse depending on which implementation you're using. I doubt
>
> many of them would even try to transcode, or allow LMS to transcode
> their streams.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the fast response.

So basically when using the remote libraries, the url is sent directly
to the player (in this case squeezelite) and it's not processed by LMS
as it would be the case when playing music indexed by LMS?

However, I do believe squeezelite can handle WAV natively without
requiring any specific codecs so it should actually play WAV?

Nuno