I agree that an album named 0 is pretty unusual, but I just got one
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0_(Low_Roar_album)). And apart from
technical issues it's not different from a name like 1, which is quite
famous.

Not sure if I get your point about the queries. The Album tag in the
files is present and is neither null nor empty. So if the tag is read
correctly it should be no problem to create a record in the albums table
and set its title appropriately. But there's no record for this album in
the albums table and both the tracks and the contributor_album tables
are referring to the "No Album" record of the albums table.

So maybe it's rather an issue of reading the tags and performing some
inappropriate sanitizing checks before passing them on to the stage that
adds the records to the database.