Giving you an untested starting point:
1. Paste the code below into CUSTOM-CONVERT.CONF (make sure there is no
.TXT at the end) and put the file in same folder as CONVERT.CONF
2. Restart LMS or reboot your server/NAS
3. In LMS "Settings", go to "Advanced" tab and "File Types" drop-down:
- Set FLAC - FLAC to "Disabled"
- Confirm FLAC - PCM is set to "flac/sox"
- Click "Apply" at bottom right.  LMS will restart and you're ready
to test.

NOTE: You can't break anything so long as you don't edit CONVERT.CONF.
(Make a backup copy first if you're concerned.)  If things go wrong,
just delete/rename CUSTOM-CONVERT.CONF and restart LMS.

Code:
--------------------
    # Convert all FLAC to 24/192 PCM/WAV
  flc pcm * *
        # FT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}
        [flac] -dcs $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t wav - -b 24
-r 192k

--------------------

If that does not work, here is more information:
FLAC Manual -
https://xiph.org/flac/documentation_tools_flac.html#decoding_options
SoX Manual - http://sox.sourceforge.net/sox.html

Mr Underhill wrote:
> I have a number of 24/192 WAV files. If I try and stream them they play
> like 45s being played at 33. I do not think this is an issue with the
> microRendu as I can stream them with no problems via upnp.

This part bothers me though.  The microRendu may want the WAV files in a
particular format (e.g. RAW, big/little endian); I have no idea.  You
may need to play around with options in the last line of your
CUSTOM-CONVERT.CONF.  You'll find some hints in CONVERT.CONF.  If you
get this to work with FLAC, you can add to the CUSTOM-CONVERT.CONF to
fix the WAV issue.