slartibartfast wrote:
> Ýou could add an album tag with the same name as the single track and
> add the word "single" to differentiate" from normal albums.

Thanks for the reply.
But this would make for 600 more albums and I don't know if I want these
pseudo-albums clutter my album list...

I can see where the problem comes from though:
Artists that do not have an album at all are simply ignored by LMS's
main menu (like M Hopkin in the linked example). But: non-album tracks
of artists that have albums (featuring other tracks) appear as 'no
album'-tracks on the artist overview page. Clicking on them returns an
empty album with ALL artists of this kind listed as artists (which
actually makes the list longer than can be displayed).
Obviously LMS is grouping together all these empty fields as one album
and is also considering only Album Artists as artists.
Referring to your first post, I need TPE2 and TPE1-tags identified as
artists.

dsm 6.0 (synology disk station 115) running lms 7.9 -- rpi with a
hifiberry dac+ running picoreplayer (any old version?) -- nokia lumia
running windows phone 8.1 and soundicity -- moto g peregrine xt1039
running cm 13 (android 6.0) -- zettaly avy running android 4.4