I don't mind setting up piCorePlayer, it's the LMS server/player prefs
that I find time consuming.
I store LMS cache/prefs on an attached USB stick, if anything goes
wrong, I just reflash an SD card with the piCorePlayer image, boot up, a
few bits and pieces to sort out, install LMS, and you're back up and
running.
All player prefs/favourites/plugins/databases are there ready, just
start playing music, no need to rescan. :)

*Server* - LMS 7.9.1 > Raspberry Pi3/piCorePlayer 3.21, 25K library on a
network drive, cache and playlists on a USB stick.
*Lounge* -  RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI
DM5
*Study* - RPi 3/piCorePlayer 3.21 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > CA Minx 5
*Dining Room* - Boom
*Garage* - RPi3/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system
*In car* - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry
DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
*Spares* - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio