MattCole wrote:
> Just one other thing . I've noticed that the discovery phase is getting
> substantially longer each time, even though the same amount of new files
> are added each time. Is there a negative impact on the speed of my
> constantly re-scanning with batches of new files like this? Or is this
> more likely to be down to other factors (my PC / NAS being in use at the
> same time)?

Hmmm....

After the Harddisk from my good old Pentuim 1.8 Gh/z powered lms Server
broke i couldnt get (in Time) a 1TB WD Black in 2.5" the shop only had
only 3.5" in stock - so i decided to opt for a "new" (my former PC with
an 3.40GHz i7) with an ssd for the OS and a 3.5" Disk for the Data to
act as my new LMS Server.

My Library and the setup is exactly the same - the former 1.8 GHz Server
scanned the 78000 Tracks in 2.5 Hours - the I7 only needs 37 mins.
Since the former PC had 2 GB and the new 4 GB but never uses more than 2
GB - i am not sure if the more Ram also makes a difference or it all
about the Processor that speeds the scan up. The SSD (for the OS and the
LMS DB) for sure (already tested that) was a huge speedup.

You have to trial this out yourself.
If you adding something to nothing the next id for the album is the next
aviable dito with genre or artist. If you add something to something ->
each album; artist;genre had to be checked in the DB if its already
used. But that shouldnt count too long.

Do you run LMS on your NAS or do you use your LMS on your PC and the
Library is on the NAS?