I have the same problem with albums being duplicated in LMS, but in some
cases I can't work out exactly what I need to do to correct the problem.
For example, one of the albums that is duplicated in my library is
divided into two separate sets of tracks. Both sets of tracks are in the
same physical location, and have identical values for the artist and
album name, but for some reason are listed as different albums in my
library. Here's an example of the tags from two tracks which are listed
as being on different albums:
24007
24006

I'm guessing that the reason they're treated as different albums is that
they don't have exactly the same range of tags populated, but does
anyone know exactly what the criteria are for LMS to regard two tracks
as being in different albums? For example, if some of the tracks have a
"Comment" tag will they be regarded as being in a different album to
those that don't, even if all of the other tags are identical?

Also, does anyone know of a way of doing the following for LMS
libraries:
- Listing duplicate albums (i.e. albums which have the same artist and
album name but which occur more than once in the LMS library)
- Bulk removing tags from a large library (e.g. deleting all TPE2 tags
from a library of 90,000 tracks)?

|Filename: 20171112 mp31.jpg                                        |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24007|