By the looks of it, I haven't heard the last of permissions just yet.

1. But first things first:

> digimaster only forgot the 755 in the first chmod command.
> Thanks karlek you`re so right.
> it`s chmod -R 0775 (directoryname)

So glad I'm not the only one getting confused by it. :)

But to get this right:

Here:

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer

I did this

Code:
--------------------
    chmod -R 0775 SlimServer/
--------------------

0775 and not 0755, right?

2. When I copy a file from my windows system to the NAS share, it has
different permissions and is invisible for squeezeboxserver.

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Music

Here I did this yesterday, as suggested:

Code:
--------------------
    chmod -R 0775 .
--------------------

All files have the permissions 0775 now. Furthermore, they are owned by
me and are in the group administrators.

Now I copy a folder from my windows system to that location. It
automatically gets the permissions 0770. It is owned by me and is in the
group everyone.

Also, I'm with karlek here, that LMS should only get write access on the
playlist folders. How to I copy to the share without having to alter the
permissions afterwards every time?

And to show off my confusion even more: In QNAP's ControlPanel there's a
setting "Edit Shared Folder Permissions". Are these the same permissions
set my chmod? My user and the admin user have RW access, one user is
denied access.

I'm sorry, I'm a scientist, not a doctor, Jim...