I do have a recurring problem with tracks that do not have albums, sth
which I have also asked about 'here'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107646-Why-aren-t-all-artists-displayed):

There is no entry for Hopkin - and many other artists - under 'artists'
because i have no album of her.
I cannot find these artists scrolling through the 'artist's list.
Please see that I have tagged her as 'album artist' in an attempt to
cope with LMS's inconsistencies.
If you look at the screenshot below, you will find that Hopkin's song
does not appear as a track associated with her. Instead, clicking on the
artist's name results in an 'album' where all artists that have tracks
without an album are cluttered together.

How can I force these artists to appear?

dsm 6.0 (synology disk station 115) running lms 7.9 -- rpi with a
hifiberry dac+ running picoreplayer (any old version?) -- nokia lumia
running windows phone 8.1 and soundicity -- moto g peregrine xt1039
running cm 13 (android 6.0) -- zettaly avy running android 4.4