Wouldn't be an issue if I was just starting out with this, but I've been
problem free with this HP Media NAS and WHS 1 based system for years.
Rescans normally on the order of a few minutes when seeking new/changed
files.  But today, two hours in and still well before the end of the
music subdirectories in my library.

Any idea what 'might' be going on?  Fairly large library (several
thousand subdirectories/albums) but again, no issues prior to today.
I'm wondering if something changed and it is considering all of these
files new/changed??  Absolutely nothing else changed other than added
one new recording to the library and for the hell of it conducted a
manual scan of library.  And yeah . . took that recording out of the
library and tried rescan again, but again this slow, slow rescanning.

Thanks