I have three players that I like to have playing in sync with each other
when they're powered up, but I don't always want them all to be powered
up at once.  They are a couple of Booms and an SB2.  Whenever one Boom
is on I'd like the other Boom to be on, but I'd like to be able to turn
on the SB2 without the Booms coming on.

The 'Synchronize Power' option seems like it *ought* to be able to do
this.  I've set up a sync group for the three players, I've set both
Booms to 'Power off/on with group' and the SB2 to 'Power off/on
separately'.  But it doesn't work as I expected.

- When I power up the SB2, all three players come on.
- When I power off the SB2, all three players go off.  To me this seems
like the 'Power off/on separately' option I set for this player is doing
nothing of the sort.
- When I turn either of the Booms on or off, the other Boom follows
suit, without the SB2 being affected.  That's the only bit of this
behaviour that seems right to me.

I guess the correct way to interpret the 'Power off/on separately'
option is that it means 'Don't power off/on when the other group players
are powered off/on', but what I'd like in this case is an option that
mean's 'Power off/on without affecting other players in the group'.

Am I missing a trick here - is there a way to make these players do what
I want?