That relays on the local settings of you're system.
That option can be found and set in the config of you're Qnap webgui.
In the Qnap forum there is a discussion regarding this issue.

https://forum.qnap.com/search.php?keywords=unicode

dolodobendan wrote:
> That's not exactly what I meant. :)
>
> For example:
>
> "Queen" and "queen": Same results
> "Краски" and
> "краски": Not the same results:
> While I get results for the first search, I don't get any on the
> second.
>
> That shouldn't happen, should it?
>
> I just want to know if that's a bug, intended behavior (!?) or my messed
> up system.

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer and Qnap-Optware-NG.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.1 ( with spotty and youtube )
Serval raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.*