messengerman wrote:
> I like my "New Music" list.  It helps me avoid over looking/forgetting
> about recent buys before I've gotten to know them.
>
> But I've been tweaking tags recently and find that albums I ripped years
> ago are treated as "New" even when all I did was correct the compilation
> tag. This quickly drowns out the actual new stuff.
>
> Is there any way to remove such old albums from the "New Music" list? Or
> stop the server identifying them as new in the first place?

You don't say which tag editor you use, but in mp3tag there's an option
to preserve the file modification time, look for similar in your tag
editor.

Beaten to the post by mynb :)

24474

|Filename: pic04-02-2018-18.11.04.jpg                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24474|

*Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - *Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry
DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and
playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
*Lounge* -  RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI
DM5
*Dining Room* - Boom
*Garage* - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22 >
Edifier R980T
*In car* - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry
DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
*Spares* - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio