Discovered on my server log that this person in the Netherlands was
trying to gain access to my server.  I do have PW protection as well as
addresses locked...

As soon as you have a system connected to the internet directly, it'll be scanned for many vulnerabilities. Many of those scans are automated and mostly harmless (like eg. Shodan's). Some are bots, trying to take over your system. If you eg. have a web server listening on port 80, you'd see accesses to all kinds of URLs you don't have. All likely related to some vulnerability somebody tries to exploit. Don't open any port to the internet, unless you know what you're doing. Even with a password set I wouldn't expose my LMS.

--

Michael