Paul Webster wrote:
> One alternative option to consider is using the wired power network ...
> e.g. via Homeplug.
> They usually give a local Ethernet connection and some also provide
> wifi.

I have set up a pair of Netgear powerline networking adapters, because
the WiFi card in my TV broke. That worked fine, but my amplifier was
picking up noise from the mains circuit. I ended up buying an power
socket strip with mains conditioner to stop that.

Robert

*Home: *Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.1  with files on QNAP TS-239
Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega
Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare
Pi2/piCorePlayer
*Office:* LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive >
piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob