Phil, I have been a Plusnet user for a few years and have never had a
problem.

I have a Qnap NAS which has always transferred without a problem, but
have no experience of any ReadyNas stuff.

I have also used several different IP provided routers, as well as ones
I have purchased.

When changing router I always first disconnect the old one from the
internet and then power everything down correctly.

Swap the router, attach and plug in your computer and configure the new
as appropriate (if it's provided by the ISP you will have little to do).

Then switch on each device one by one and check that it is running.

You may just have to be patient for a few hours if things aren't where
you expect them

As a temporary measure install an LMS instance on your computer and
connect to that from each of your players.

Ronnie