What's your server platform? I'm using a Raspberry Pi running pure
Raspbian. And I thought I was using the latest nightly. Let me confirm. It
is true that for my current 7.9.1.x build Custom Browse fails to load.
There are a few posts on the Erlang thread where this is discussed. The
solution for one poster was to downgrade to 7.9.0.x. When I was using
max2play as my platform that worked for me. But I cannot downgrade on this
pure Raspbian.

This said, I'm still curious about my question ... how hard is it to modify
the Genre query to order by Album rather than Artist.

Thanks for your reply!

Guy