dagadog wrote:
> Thanks for the above. It almost worked. I too am not an expert.
>
> When I restarted LMS, the tables were all created

Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> LMS was apparently running, but I couldn't access the GUI in a
> browser. MySQL was definitely doing something, and there were a lot of
> writes to the volume containing the database, but no reads from the
> volume containing the music files (i.e. no sign of bulk reads). The
> tables remain empty. What seems to be happening is that the tracks
> table is being deleted and recreated.
>
> The relevant part of my server.prefs file is below:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> I've switched back to SQLite for the moment. Any ideas what I missed?

Hi,

Sorry, this is above my pay-grade.  Maybe the server is starting a scan
automatically and perhaps getting stuck in a loop and so not responding
to the web interface?  Permissions issue?  Sounds like this may be
server-log territory which might as well be written in Linear B as far
as I am concerned.   Maybe Michael, or some of the other very
knowledgeable people here could help you?

Hope you get it sorted.

Jerry