My only reason for preferring to use MYSQL is that I use it for many
other applications and don't want to have to be running SQLite just for
the music streaming.

If you think you'd save some memory or other resource: I might have to disappoint you. Even if you use MySQL for the library, LMS would still use SQLite for the other caches. But then LMS does not "run SQLite" like MySQL is running. It's a relatively small embedded library. By using MySQL you might even increase the memory usage, as LMS would load the MySQL libraries in addition to the SQLite libraries.

--

Michael