Whenever I use the web UI to drill down on a popular artist, I default
to sort results by "Year, Album", but when looking at a classical
composer, I often reset the sort to "Album" in order to find the
composition I want.  This is pretty much how I'd had my physical LPs
arranged.  I wish there was some way to automate this, but I can't
figure out how.

One way to get to this result would be to add a new field into my
classical files called "Composition".  Then sorting by "Composition,
Year, Album" would work the way I described above.  Popular music having
no "Composition" tag would simply sort "Year, Album". I'm wary of making
this change to 10,000 classical music files, however, and wondering if
for these files a field called "Composition" could be created in the LMS
database into which would be copied the present "Album" tag.

Is this something that I could accomplish using the Custom Scan and
Custom Browse plugins?  The logic would go something like this:

1. Create a new LMS database field called "Composition" and if file
Genre = {"Classical" or "Soundtrack" or "Opera"} copy into it the value
of "Album"
2. Enable a new "Composition, Year, Album" sort option in the web UI

Thanks.