delisle wrote:
> At the time "Export Multiple" is executed a dialog window is opened for
> each new track giving the user the possibility of editing tags.
> The album which exhibits the issue is an opera recording. Most of
> original tracks contain recitatives and arias together. Sometime I want
> to listen to arias only, so I had to split the tracks so that
> recitatives and arias are separated from each other. Using Audacity I
> added labels at each point in a track where an aria or a recitative
> begins. The text I give to the label is the title of the track which
> will be created for that piece of music. When all labels have been set
> up for a given original track I use "Export Multiple" for creation of
> the new tracks (one track for each label).
> This works fine when listening to the result (and displaying it) using
> all audio tools which I am using, except LMS.
All of this looks good.  When you finished splitting all necessary
tracks, did you then load the entire album in order into your tag editor
and auto-number the tracks and generate new filenames?  Might not seem
necessary, but can't hurt.

If facing this issue and nothing else working, I'd load all the tracks
into foobar2000 and generate new, clean FLAC (default compression 5).
Lastly, if still a problem I'd strip the files of all tags, rescan, and
play via LMS "Music Folder" just to be sure all tracks play in the
desired order.  If so, I'd manually re-enter the tags and try a final
rescan.

Are you running a "Clear library and rescan everything" rescan? Or,
change the folder name slightly if doing a "New/changed" rescan. I've
seen LMS get confused overwriting updated tags when doing a
"New/changed" rescan and end up with some tag fields having multiple
values.

Forgive me if you've done all this.  I'm just going through the things
I'd try if I had no idea how else to solve this problem!  If LMS is not
indexing some of your files, it has to be related to filename or tags.
There isn't much else.

OK, there is something else: in LMS "Settings" go to "Advanced" >
"Performance" and set "Maximum Playlist Length" to 0.  Also, look at the
"Filter" options on the "My Music" tab and see if they make sense.  You
might post a screenshot of these two tabs so others can offer
suggestions.