> You haven't grasped that plugins require that you are using the LMS
> server program on another PC (eg. raspi, windows, mac, etc.)

If you'd actually read what I wrote you'd realise that I'm trying to
add a plugin to a copy of LMS 7.9.1 running in a PC under Fedora Linux.

> On the LMS WebUI Settings/Plugins pages at the very bottom (you may
> need to scroll down) there are 3 blank boxes with the following text
> above them

On LMS 7.9.1, which is what I'm running (with the default UI),
'Settings' takes me to a list of tabs:
   Basic settings
   Player
 * My Music
   mysqueezebox.com
 * Interface
   Plugins
 * Information

Of these, only the ones marked '*' are scrollable and none of those
show the three blank boxes or any text about 'Additional Repositories.
The entire content of the #'Plugins tab is three lines at the top
saying

                Plugins

Logitech Media Server includes some plugins
that you can use with your remote or in the web interface. You can
choose to enable or disable individual plugins below.

Note: You will need to restart the application to see the effect of
these changes.

So, I tried some different UI layouts, but all that got me was a
severely screwed up screen layout until I restarted both LMS (twice)
and Firefox (which fixed the screwed-up screen).

Are you using a different version of LMS? If so, that would explain why
I don't see the data entry boxes and test you describe.

Martin